The request below just came up on Philos-L, asking for significant publications and authors on societal forms of violence to list on their website [UPDATE: This is the link that should work in North America]. Their list of the ‘most significant authors in the field’ only includes
women at present. So, since they are asking for suggestions, let’s all think of some female authors to suggest (as well as male ones!):
The IOWGT Website publishes the best that has been thought and said on societal forms of violence, establishing a resource for scholars around the world. A typical paper appearing on our website is read by 3000-5000 visitors—attracting more readers in a year than a typical journal publication attracts in a lifetime.
Our website presents writings from some of the most significant authors on these topics, including:
- Emilio Gentile (nationalism as a religion)
- Glenn Bowman (the psychology of ethnic violence)
- James Jones (religious terrorism)
- Jonah Winters (martyrdom)
- Mark Kiyak (the invasion of the body politic)
- Michael Bryson (sacrifice and the body politic)
- Paul Kahn (sacred violence)
- Roger Griffin (the dynamics of fascism)
Are there significant publications we are missing—authors whose writings belong on our website? Please convey your suggestions to me atOanderson@ideologiesofwar.com
We hope you will use our Website in your research and teaching—and return to it frequently.
Editor-in-Chief of the IOWGT Website