Women in the XXIth century
IX International Conference
Havana Riviera Hotel
Havana, Cuba, November 25 to28, 2013
The Women’s Studies Department at the University of Havana calls for the IX International Conference “ Women in the XXIth century”, which will take place in Havana from November 25 to 28, 2013.
The overall purpose of this conference is to facilitate academic exchange, update and assessment of what scholars and students are doing on issues related to feminism, gender, women’s studies, collaborations with women and the contemporary women and feminist movement.
– Encourage a dialogue and exchange of experiences in related topics among experts and researchers from diverse scientific disciplines and perspectives.
– Promote the results of scientific research and studies on women’s issues and to encourage further works and exchanges in the field
– Facilitate the exposure to information on the collaboration and work with women and the contemporary women and feminist movement
The sessions will be divided into panels, roundtable discussions, and individual papers.
Languages: the papers can be submitted and presented in Spanish and/ or English
There will be a pre- registration by:
• Submitting an abstract or summary (200 words maximum) and the contact info that will include: title, name(s) of author(s), email contact and the Institution of affiliation via mail or personally by September 15, 2013.
• Emailing (Microsoft word attachment) or delivering to our office by October 30, the full text with the contact info, session in which to present the work (individual, roundtable or panel) and whether visual supports to use during the session are needed. The format of the paper is Arial 12 font with double spacing.
CUBATUR Eventos ha diseñado un paquete turístico que incluye:
– Alojamiento diario con desayuno incluido
– Traslado Aeropuerto – Hotel – Aeropuerto
– Asistencia en aeropuerto y hoteles
PRECIOS / CUC / DIARIOS / PERSONA
HOTEL HAB DOBLE X PERSONA HAB SENCILLA
Habana Riviera 40.00 59.00
Registration costs100 CUC (120 USD)
The registration fee will be paid in cash at the moment of registration on November 25th in the morning hours directly at the accreditation office of the conference at the school of Psychology in the University of Havana located at San Rafael corner of Mazon, Plaza municipality, Havana (near the university)
Please contact Dr Norma Vasallo, president of the organizing committee, if you are interested in attending the conference or for more information by :
Telephone: (537) 8783450
Cátedra de la Mujer
Universidad de La Habana
San Rafael 1168 esq. Mazón
Plaza, Ciudad Habana CP10400