The second annual Dorothy Edgington Lectures will be given by Professor Rae Langton
January 24th-25th 2014, Birkbeck College, LONDON
As well as giving two public lectures, Rae Langton will lead a 2 day graduate workshop on race and gender hate speech, and closely related topics. We invite submissions on these topics, from graduate and postgraduate students, to be presented at the workshop.
1st October 2013
(1) Papers should be no more than 3,000 words (including footnotes, excluding bibliography), to be presented in 30 minutes
(2) They should be prepared for blind refereeing
(3) They should include a cover-sheet, with the title, an abstract, your name, institution affiliation, and student status
(4) They should be formatted with 1.5 spacing, 10pt font, and saved as .pdfs, or .doc (not .docx)
(5) Send all submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Accommodation for student speakers will be available with members of the department.
Workshop registration is free for graduate students, but there are limited spaces – to register for either the workshop or the lectures email: edgingtonlectures AT gmail.com
For more information, go here.