It’s a FEMMSS! It’s a SWIP! It’s two great tastes that go great together.
Science, Technology, and Gender: Challenges and Opportunities
FEMMSS5/CSWIP 2014: Call for Proposals
Submission deadline February 15, 2014
Submissions are invited for joint meeting of the The Association for Feminist Epistemologies, Methodologies, Metaphysics, and Science Studies (FEMMSS) and the Canadian Society for Women in Philosophy (CSWIP) to be held at the University of Waterloo, August 10 to 13, 2014. FEMMSS is a multidisciplinary organization. This conference welcomes submissions from across the disciplines. We invite feminist papers, posters, panels, and workshops related to Science, Technology and Gender. Conference presentations are eligible for submission for consideration and review in a resulting anthology or special journal issue. Topics can include but need not be limited to:
- Challenges to and challenging scientific literacy
- Implicit bias and stereotype threat
- Creating equitable Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics organizations and institutions
- Gender, oppression, and the public understanding of science
- Rhetoric, argumentation, and gendered communication
- Epistemologies of ignorance
- Policy of/for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Intersectionality in practice and study of science and technology
- The ethics and politics of science and technology
- Science, technology and global justice
- Feminist methodologies in the humanities, social and natural sciences
- Production of biological “differences”
- Feminist scholarship of teaching and learning
- Professional development (ex. interdisciplinary communication/ teaching/ research)
You are permitted one submission, unless you are submitting a poster. If you are submitting a poster, you can additionally submit an abstract for a paper, panel, or workshop.
To submit please go here and sign up for an account [link updated]. If you have questions, email science.technology.gender at gmail.com.
- Individual papers and posters: Please provide a title, 300-word abstract, and 3-10 keywords. At the beginning of the abstract please indicate if your submission is a poster. There is no need to upload anything, so please tick the box that says, “abstract only.”
- Panels: Please provide a title, 300-word abstract, and 3-10 keywords for the panel as a whole. Also, upload a single document that includes the title and 300-word abstract for each paper. Please take care not to identify authors.
- Workshops: Please provide a title, 300-word abstract describing the workshop rationale, and 3-10 keywords. Also, upload a 300-word description of the activities in which your audience will engage. Please take care not to identify authors.
The call for proposal’s for FEMMSS and CSWIP have slight differences, they can be found CSWIP 2014 and FEMMSS5 CFP.
2 thoughts on “CFP 2nd Call: Science, Technology and Gender”
FYI: The link to submit a paper is a broken link.
Shoot, now I see that it’s broken in the original email, too! Will contact the author — thanks for the alert, Matt.
Comments are closed.