The full text of the 2015 SWIP-UK conference call is here. From Rosie Worsdale:
The aim of this conference is to explore the possibilities for enriching philosophy through exposure to its many ‘Others’.
Possible themes for papers might include, but are not limited to:
- Feminist epistemology and standpoint theory
- What is it to exclude? What is it to include? Strategies and practices of inclusion/exclusion and their effects
- Philosophy of race
- Critical approaches to philosophical methodology, including pedagogical method
- Philosophy and disability
- Philosophy and heteronormativity
- Non-western philosophy and its relation to western philosophical praxis
- Identity politics
- Political philosophy and ‘others’
- Justice and injustice
- Critical theory
- The concept of ‘rigour’ and its place in philosophy
- The object/subject distinction
We invite proposals for 20-25 minute papers on any topic relating to the theme. We would like, if possible, to have both a postgraduate panel and a panel concerning practical issues relating to the ‘Otherness’ in philosophy.
Please send an anonymised abstract of no more than 300 words to essex.swip.2015 at gmail.com. The deadline for the submission of abstracts is 31 December 2014. Successful speakers will be notified early in the new year.