The North American Society for Social Philosophy (NASSP) invites submissions for its group session at the Pacific APA, 2016. The theme of our session will be:
“Justice and the Social Ontology of Race”
Proposals on topics intersecting this theme, broadly understood, are welcome, and might include:
– The use of racial categories in social planning and policy
– The ontological status and import of racial categories
– Race and the justice system
– The role of race in social and political identity
– Intersectional analyses of racialized experience(s)
– Racial categories and educational institutions
– Race and experience
– Race and equity
– Racial violence
– The status of criminal hate
Other topics in this vein are welcome and encouraged.
Submissions should take the form of extended abstracts or papers. Abstracts should be around 1000 words, with bibliography included. Papers should be under 3000 words. Please include the following information in submission:
Name, affiliation (if any), email address, and paper title.
We welcome submissions from both members and non-members, but we do require that all presenters join the North American Society for Social Philosophy if their papers are accepted.
Submission deadline: September 13, 2015
Submissions and questions should be sent to: Devora Shapiro at shapirod [at] sou [dot] edu, with the subject heading “NASSP APA 2016 SUBMISSION.” Notification of acceptance will be made via email in October. For more information on the society and our events, visit our website.