Call for Registration
Feminist Philosophy Workshop
9 October 2015
University of Hamburg
Invited Speaker: Anca Gheaus (Sheffield)
“Feminism and Basic Income”
All are warmly invited to participate in our upcoming workshop on Feminist Philosophy. We intend this workshop to provide an opportunity to highlight contemporary feminist scholarship, and to bring early career researchers, established scholars, and students together to share their ideas. Our speakers will explore a range of feminist perspectives on topics in metaphysics, epistemology, intersectionality, autonomy, implicit bias, and morality and rationality.
- Erin Beeghly (Utah) – Does Morality Require Stupidity? The Case of Forbidden Base Rates
- Jade Fletcher (Leeds) – Feminist Metaphysics and the Canberra Plan
- Marta Jorba (Girona -LOGOS) & Maria Rodó de Zárate (Estadual de Ponta Grossa) – What Constitutes What in Intersectionality? Beyond Mutually Constitutive Models: The Wholeness of Experience
- Nadja El Kassar (Zürich) – An Examination of the Idea of Epistemic Advantages of the Epistemically Disadvantaged
- Ji-Young Lee (Bristol) – A Feminist Challenge to Procedural Accounts of Autonomy
- Robin Zheng (Cambridge) – Collective Responsibility for Implicit Bias: From Restorative to Transformative Accountability
Registration is free, but places will be limited. Please send an email to email@example.com to reserve a place. While not required, we highly recommend pre-distribution of papers, slides, or other presentation material. To that end, we will make a shared Dropbox folder available to presenters and registered workshop participants.
Location and Accessibility:
Please visit the workshop website for maps of the location as well as detailed accessibility information. Please let us know if you have any questions, or if you need further information.
Please visit the workshop website for more information. If you have any questions about this event, please contact the workshop organisers: Amanda Cawston (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Nathan Wildman (email@example.com)