SWIP UK Panel at the Joint Session of the Mind Association and
Aristotelian Society, University of Oxford, 6th-8th of July 2018.
At the 2018 Joint Session there will be a Society for Women in Philosophy UK panel of papers. Papers submitted to the panel should be consistent with the aims of SWIP UK, namely:
- to facilitate co-operation between women in philosophy,
- to support women in philosophy,
- to promote philosophy by women, past and present,
- to foster feminism in philosophy and philosophy in feminism,
- to collect information of potential interest to women in philosophy,
- to raise public awareness of discrimination against women in philosophy, past and present,
- to end discrimination against women in philosophy.
We solicit full papers (2000 words) plus 250 word abstract, suitable to be delivered in no more than 20 minutes with a further 10 minutes for discussion. We encourage submissions from graduate students. (As with all the Open Sessions, papers accepted for this session will not be published in the Supplementary Volume of the Aristotelian Society).
The closing date for submissions is 2nd April 2018. We expect to confirm which papers have been accepted by the end of April.
Please make sure that your submission is suitable for anonymous reviewing and attach a separate document with your name and contact details. Email submissions are preferred; please send your full paper, with an abstract, as either .doc or .pdf attachment to Komarine Romdenh-Romluc at firstname.lastname@example.org
To speak at this event you will need to register as a delegate for the Joint Session. For information about registration and more details see the Joint Session website. https://www.aristoteliansociety.org.uk/the-joint-session/the-2018-joint-session/
Dr. Meena Dhanda, Faculty of Arts, University of Wolverhampton, Molineux Street, Wolverhampton, W1 1DT.
Dr. Komarine Romdenh-Romluc, Department of Philosophy, 45 Victoria Street, Sheffield, S3 7QB.
For more information on SWIP UK visit our website: